[Dailydave] The New York Times Plays with Fire

al bell ab4250 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:32:21 EST 2013

There are several interesting tidibts:

NYT asked AT&T to collect egress data: Either they are not collecting it
themselves, or they do not trust their sensors, or they have limited
collection.

There was no clear description of how 'patient zero' got pwned. Was it a
zero day or an unpatched computer?

There is of course far more than meets the eye. For example, the costs of
post-event remediation vs. the cost of improved defenses.

Al