[Dailydave] Defending the honor of...penetration testing tools

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Tue Feb 12 12:50:10 EST 2013

So as you can see below, I'll be at RSA asking Andrew Jaquith why on
earth he thinks penetration testing tools are evil. To be honest, I have
no idea. Does that also imply penetration testing is evil, or is he
saying that penetration testing tools make people lazy and therefor you
get better penetration tests without them, in which case I'll try to get
him to write his future papers without a keyboard or something.

Speaking of penetration testing tools - Immunity is hiring CANVAS
developers here in Miami Beach. If you want to work on CANVAS and you
speak both assembly language and Python and have a passion for building
awesome tools that let people break into systems (some of which we make
public!), then send me an email.

We're also hiring an experienced Django web developer.

You do also have to be legal to work here in Miami or Washington DC for
these positions.

-dave

https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3297&tclass=popup#.URp4m2gUwM0.twitter

MASH-T16 - Debate: Internet GUN CONTROL - Are Pentesting Tools Good or Evil?

Moderator(s):
Pete Lindstrom - Principal, Spire Security
<https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/speakerDetail.ww?PERSON_ID=430145EACD4EBC80B7251A1E5A519F1E&tclass=popup>

Panelist(s):
Dave Aitel - Chief Executive Officer, Immunity, Inc.
<https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/speakerDetail.ww?PERSON_ID=66B255D131FD603BCBE896DDEB1F0617&tclass=popup>
Andrew Jaquith - Chief Technology Officer, Perimeter E-Security
<https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/speakerDetail.ww?PERSON_ID=7A07665968A7B2320DCA9BF860462864&tclass=popup>

From SATAN in the 90's to Metasploit today, penetration testing tools
have been common in the arsenal of information security professionals.
These tools allow any user to assess the vulnerable state of their IT
platforms. Some say that they are useful while others assert they are
detrimental for the overall health of the Internet. Come hear the debate
and weigh in with your own opinions.

--
INFILTRATE - the world's best offensive information security conference.
April 2013 in Miami Beach