[Dailydave] The Neutron Star

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:11:10 EDT 2013

On Jun 28, 2013 6:54 PM, "Jason Syversen" <jason.syversen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ditto. If you want to believe the US does that go ahead, you're free to
believe they planned 9/11 and faked the moon landing too. I've worked
inside the

OK, thanks for the reductio ad absurdum. Ignoring and moving on now...

Like Jake says, its not that the gov is performing the spying willfully, it
is that surveillance systems like these "attract assholes" and we should be
very careful what kind of unchecked power we hand over to our government.
The systems our gov uses for surveillance we know are not always being
properly protected or monitored and thusly often are used against us,
especially against minorities or those with unpopular opinions. Everyone
should listen to ioerror here and watch his keynotes from CCC or linuxconf
if you missed them...