[Dailydave] Capstone disassembly framework: looking for Beta-testers

Albert López newbiesworld at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 08:32:41 EST 2013

Mmmm, I haven't played a lot with Radare, but I think that it already has all (or almost all) your "unique features" ;)
http://radare.org/
Moreover, they have a great documentation:http://radare.org/y/?p=documentation

Just in case you don't know the tool :)

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --search-keys EEE5A447http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xEEE5A447&op=vindex

From: aquynh at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:08:12 +0800
To: full-disclosure at lists.grok.org.uk; bugtraq at securityfocus.com; dailydave at lists.immunityinc.com
Subject: [Dailydave] Capstone disassembly framework: looking for Beta-testers

Hi,

I am going to release a disassembly framework named Capstone, which has some unique features:

- Support all important hardware architectures: X86 (16/32/64bit) + ARM (including Thumb & Thumb2) + ARM-64 (aka ARMv8) + Mips.

- Simple lightweight intuitive architecture-neutral API that works in the same way across all archs.

- Implemented in pure C language, with native lightweight bindings for Python, Ruby, OCaml, C#, Java & GO vailable.

- Provide details on disassembled instruction (called "decomposer" by others).

- Offer some semantics of the disassembled instruction, such as list of all implicit registers read/written, or if the instruction belongs to a group of instructions (like ARM Neon, or Intel SSE4.2 group).

- Native support for Windows, Mac OSX & Linux.

- BSD license.

So if you can help to beta-test Capstone before it is public (soon), please contact me via this email or via website at:

   http://www.capstone-engine.org

Thanks,
Quynh