[Dailydave] Trojan Languages

Mohammad Hosein mhtajik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:25:40 EST 2013

are you using the civilian off the shelf Python ? if i was into typical
enterprise pentest or offense biz two questions would be raised immediately
- so the AV people need a tiny addition to their engines to particularly
act out when something smells like python particularly when the calls are
going down like ..the same route , well , since its always the standard
python ?
- isnt this a risk if our adversary finds out a node is active on her
system and grab the thing and use the "forward-thinking technology" against
us or their own favor whatever that is ?

obviously i am asking such "selling-session" standard questions like most
.org/.gov typical customers to hear your technical counter argument (
presuming i am going to learn something , not get iced by a move like mad
men's don draper in the scene where he talks about the candy in the brothel
and what it meant to him -- a ceremony :> )

meanwhile i am going to put this out for folks at dd to hear back : LLVM is
one the wonders of the world . although Duqu developers preferred to
develop code based on their own framework ground up and flame used the
typical lua embed , developing a middleware-style LLVM-based transformer to
produce native code from some .py or .rb for almost any platform - x86 ..to
..say..  TI's rarely used DSPs - is easy work -- why using this technique
isn't popular in "our circle" ?

-mh