[Dailydave] !cake

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Wed Sep 11 15:06:33 EDT 2013

Immunity was started not long after 9/11 - for various reasons. For this
list it's probably pertinent that along with changing the world in every
other way, 9/11 grew cyber up from wishful thinking to war.

I'm not going to get too maudlin here, although on the other hand, we're
not throwing a party today like IOActive is. That right there is what we
call "a difference in corporate culture". As Vanessa knows I'm all about
cake. We get cakes for all sorts of stuff - someone gets a green card or
makes an exploit work == cake. But 9/11 isn't something we _celebrate_
(with cake or otherwise). It's more for reflection. It's not Immunity's
birthday (which is in May), but it's in a way the birthday of our
industry, and we've come a long long way.

-dave