[Dailydave] Some slides for a keynote

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Wed Apr 9 11:02:36 EDT 2014

On 4/8/2014 7:28 AM, Halvar Flake wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> on Dave's recommendation, here are some slides from a keynote I gave today at ISACA Nordic Security.
> It is non-technical (as keynotes are prone to be), and full of vague speculation. Perhaps someone will
> find the slides entertaining/useful/insightful:
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Sv8IHkBtBEXjSW7WktEYg4EbAUHtVyXIZBrAGD3WR5Y/edit#slide=id.p
>
> Cheers,
> Halvar

The goal of the next set of internet malware may very well be to enable
the kind of involuntary transparency that is so obviously powerful in
this day and age. All you really have to do is have your implant collect
anything that might be interesting along with some metadata, encrypt it
to your private key and then deposit these files all over the network
with a little header that says "Upload this file using Tor to
https://www.ihateiran.com/upload.cgi along with your bitcoin wallet
address to receive a substantial reward."

Then you just wait for the files to start rolling in, and start putting
the bitcoins in the wallets.  You never need to, or want to, know who is
your agent on the inside doing the uploads. They're just there to
sneakernet the data.

-dave