[Dailydave] SyScan'15 Call For Paper

Thomas Lim thomas at coseinc.com
Sun Aug 31 23:38:26 EDT 2014

ABOUT SYSCAN'15 Singapore
Date: 21 March - 27 March 2015.
Venue: Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel

SyScan is all about the speakers and the attendees. It has never been
about profit or vendors. We do not care about big fancy hotel but we
care about our speakers being treated properly and with the respect they
deserved. We also care about putting up a good show for our attendees.

We are going to have a very different SyScan’15 in terms of program
format and speakers’ privileges. We will be adopting a new program
format which we will announce later.

As for speakers’ privileges, we want the best speakers with the best
presentations at SyScan’15 and therefore we are going to give more
benefits to speakers at SyScan’15. We will offer a higher amount for
your air-ticket reimbursement and more honorarium.

SyScan’15 will continue to offer speakers 3 choices of speaking slots –
30 minutes, 45 minutes and 1 hour. We want speakers to get to the point
and talk about the important things about their research.

Finally, all speakers, except those from WhiskyCon, will get to take
part in the BEST SPEAKER CONTEST. The winner of this contest will walk
away with 1000 Singapore Dollars.

TOPICS AND AREAS OF INTEREST (TALKS)
#SECURITY

SELECTION COMMITTEE
The Selection Committee for SyScan'15 comprises of the following personnel:

 1.  Thomas Lim - Organiser of SyScan and CEO of COSEINC
 2.  Dave Aitel - Founder and CEO of Immunitysec
 3.  Halvar Flake – Founder of Zynamics (sold to Google)
 4.  Researchers of COSEINC

The Selection Committee will review all submissions and determine the
final list of speakers for SyScan'15.

SELECTION CRITERIA
Your submission will be judged by your ability to communicate succinctly
in writing, how good we think the talk sounds, what other people say
about you behind your back and whether, frankly, we feel like people are
going to be happy they paid money to see you yap for more or less an hour.

SPEAKERS' PRIVILEGES
Speakers will be entitled to the following privileges:

 *   Reimbursement of air-ticket for one person up to a maximum amount
of SGD2000.
 *   3 nights of accommodation.
 *   Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference.
 *   A very healthy dose of alcohol and fun.
 *   Speaker’s Honorarium of SGD1500 if your presentation is BRAND NEW.
 *   Additional Speaker’s Honorarium of SGD1500 if your presentation
achieve a Feedback Overall score of 3.5 and above out of a total score
of 5.

CFP SUBMISSION
All submissions must be in English via the CFP page of SyScan website.

TOPICS AND AREAS OF INTEREST (TRAINING)
#SECURITY

IMPORTANT DATES
CFP Closing Date - 15 December 2014

OTHER INFORMATION

Please feel free to visit SyScan website to get a feel what this
conference is all about - LEARN AND HAVE FUN!

By agreeing to speak at the SyScan'15 you are granting the Organiser of
SyScan the rights to reproduce, distribute, advertise and show your
presentation including but not limited to http://www.syscan.org, printed
and/or electronic advertisements, and all other mediums.

--
Thank you
Thomas Lim