[Dailydave] Our Ironic Cyber Pearl Harbor

Nick Selby nick.selby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:57:39 EST 2014

I'm with you right up to the moment you predict a shift in the short term
from compliance-driven spending. That won't happen. It should - it has
should for years - but it won't. I've watched as senior F500 leaders have
confronted the crappy 'security' vendors whose failure led in a straight
line to a breach, and then watched in awe as those same security vendors
leave the building with more contracts, parlaying their failure to protect
into more money.  The interests and propaganda of the compliance industrial
complex are too great and entrenched.