[Dailydave] What is happening?

Ivan .Heca ivanhec at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:30:49 EST 2014

What about the cost to Belgacom from the nsa regin hack? What if they need
a bailout due to the loss of confidence after such a public breach one
wonders. Or are they just collateral damage.

Some of the investigators point to malware written in Korean, but Monsegur
said that doesn't necessarily mean the hackers are Korean.

"Well, it doesn't tell me much. I've seen Russian hackers pretending to be
Indian. I've seen Ukrainian hackers pretending to be Peruvian.There's
hackers that pretend they're little girls. They do this for misinformation,
disinformation, covering their tracks," he said. "Do you really think a
bunch of nerds from North Korea are going to fly to New York and start
blowing up movie theaters? No. It's not realistic. It's not about 'The
interview.' It's about money. It's a professional job."

Monsegur thinks it's also possible this was an inside job, that an employee
or consultant downloaded all the information from Sony's servers and then
sold it to someone else

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sony-hack-former-anonymous-hacker-not-convinced-north-korea-is-responsible/?google_editors_picks=true