[Dailydave] software security, disclosure, and bug bounties

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Tue Nov 25 14:28:58 EST 2014

The "Bugs don't matter" mantra is probably a standard side effect of
people trying to outlaw exploits. Sadly, these people are weirdly doing
so within the auspices of civil liberties.

Of course, it is hard to disagree that the fuzzing and work you've been
doing on FFMPEG and friends is not going to have an impact (I decline to
say positive or negative here ;>). However, it is possible that
something like the Linux/Windows/Hypervisor-of-your-choice Kernel is
beyond the reach of this sort of behavior.

-dave