[Dailydave] I am the reason we cannot have nice things on the Internet.

Thomas Quinlan tom at thomasquinlan.com
Wed Oct 22 20:27:08 EDT 2014

It's late & I'm scratching this out on my phone, but the problem may
actually be four-fold. My last two points, plus:

3 - Parallel Reconstruction. This is quite scary. It undermines basic legal
tenets that we've had for hundreds of years. Additionally, people aren't
even doing it well. A leaky captcha? Please, anyone with a modicum of
understanding about how things work saw right through that.

4 - Targeting journalists. Show from the corporate owned media problem,
NSA/government do themselves no favors detaining &/or targeting
journalists. It happened again this morning in New Zealand. "Oh, this has
nothing to do with that expose you just did on us & is totally related to
something else you may be tangentially involved in from five years ago but
we'll take all your things. And your daughter's. You know. Just to be safe."