[Dailydave] OT: Scorpion TV show on CBS -- Tonight -- See real hacking tools in Hollywood

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:05:47 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen
<kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> You might see: Immunity Silica, Kali / Backtrack, Linux, fierce.pl,
> metasploit, netcat, etherape, Burp Suite, nmap, Shodan, aircrack, Tor,
> Iceweasel, WebSecurify, and ~20 tools in total on the show! Most of
> the scenes content was generated on Kali using real tools in simulated
> environments. You can see a good close-up at 2m03s:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_hJscvdXU#t=2m3s

OK...yeah...so actually CBS cut many of the scenes we put together and
seemingly tried to make it "more Hollywood style" aka "unbelievable".
At least they left in the scene with RSnake's fierce.pl and metasploit
on Kali Linux. In the original version, the plane at the end was
hacked via wireless; _NOT_ an ethernet cable. That was ridiculous in
either case. So, you should all probably go watch "The Listening" aka
the Italian film "In ascolto" instead:

The Listening / In Ascolto
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427461/

Or if you want a _REAL_ history lesson:

The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1494191/

--
Regards,

Kristian Erik Hermansen