[Dailydave] Cyber Norms and the Juniper backdoor

Darkpassenger darkpassenger at unseen.is
Sun Dec 20 09:25:22 EST 2015

let me point out that you are mixing two whole different area of
decision making here -- Cyber Policy and Warfare Strategy .

dont know anything about Juniper shit , but , your stress on "legal"
behavior norm of usg is the root of the evil in your point of view .
osint on sensible data out there simply proves usg and allies have
been doing very shady jobs when there is strategic value in a move
whether it is legal or not -- whatever we call the law . same thing
could be realized from other players -- .ru .cn .ir

although Stuxnet is still on some headlines i am going to take you
way too much back -- 1982 . take a look at book "at the abyss" or
here [1] for a more offensive reference to the incident . us army
fcked with ussr through Canadian fronts to hurt the reds by exploiting
natural gas pipes and a high ranking officer confesses that usg messed
with a commercial product for warfare advantages . so i'd say
it would be pretty close to usg's norm to do stuff of this same nature .
Regards
-dp

1 : slide 7 ,
https://cryptome.org/2015/10/parastoo-no-bullshit-attack.pdf