[Dailydave] Java dies ? Long live "the others"

David Sharpe david at sharpesecurity.com
Mon Feb 9 12:01:58 EST 2015

I don't think modern software architects choose to deploy Java on the
client side, and haven't for the past several years.  Java on the server
side is fine.  On the client side, I think it was more undesirable app
performance, and a failure to deliver consistently on the "Write Once, Run
Everywhere Promise", that killed Java there.  The series of security
issues over recent years were final nails in the coffin for Java on the
client side.

@sharpesecurity