[Dailydave] Tomorrow's ISSA talk

Gregg Dippold gdippold at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:08:43 EST 2015

You were the only one with anything interesting to say.

Apoptosis is effective due to the modular nature of the body and the relatively low cost of cells.  We need to engineer higher levels of modularity into our systems.  When you look at the cell and the diffusion rates across the membrane some approach the limits of physics.  We have a long way to go in our systems to equal that at a low cost and include self-replication.  One other thought a 3 day fast will regenerate the immune system and improve it by getting stems cells to regenerate the white blood cells (google longo+fasting+chemotherapy).   What’s the metaphorical equivalent of that? Cut IT’s budget to zero for a quarter, remove all the legacy systems and let them purchase new ones?

Enjoyed the talk.

-Gregg