[Dailydave] Voluntary Cooperation

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Fri Sep 18 23:18:06 EDT 2015

Dave,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Dave Aitel <dave.aitel at gmail.com> wrote:

> And of course, from the option they are thinking about where they take a
> softer position of "We are not AT THIS TIME going to legislate, but we want
> you to backdoor your crypto, pretty please":

What is their source for statistics which measured the increased use of
cryptosystems and its hinderange US Law Enforcement and is this further
broken down into edge cases such as a foreign carrier not responding to a
subpoena served internationally?

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Dave Aitel <dave.aitel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The same thing is true with the Wassenaar export control restrictions on
> security software. Win some hearts and minds people, and you won't have to
> save face later by walking your efforts back under heavy mortar fire!

Cryptosystems themselves are ineffective against surveillance software in
scope the Wassenaar Agreement hence the need for government regulation.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact