[Dailydave] Resurrection of the NOP Cert

Alex McGeorge alexm at immunityinc.com
Wed Mar 30 13:31:23 EDT 2016

Hi List,

At the forthcoming Infiltrate Conference (April 7-8th, Fontainbleau
Hotel Miami Bach)* we will be providing opportunities to take the NOP
cert again. The general premise is this: we give you a small custom
binary running on a Win2k VM, access to Python, static shellcode
payload, you reverse the binary to find the bug and then write up the
exploit. If the payload executes within the 45m time limit, you win.
This is obviously better than any other certification that requires you
to write an essay on vulnerability management or multiple guess your way
through acronym definitions. You can ONLY take the NOP exam at
Infiltrate, we will not be offering it anywhere else.

Anyone who successfully completes the challenge at Infiltrate is
entitled to one (1) free hug from Nico Waisman, though he must maintain
the underhook. The person with the fastest time by the closing ceremony
will receive a fabulous prize presented to them on stage by Dave Aitel
who will probably also shake their hand. The current champion is "Our
Lady of Memory Corruption" Lurene Grenier with a time of 16:30. We'll
have signup sheets for time slots at the conference.

Cheers,
-AlexM

* www.infiltratecon.com

--