[Dailydave] AI

Anton Chuvakin anton at chuvakin.org
Thu Mar 31 16:14:41 EDT 2016

.... but don't you guys [used generally] agree that ML and friends brings
up the challenge of "non-verifiability" to our domain  [that I whine about
here, if you are curious
http://blogs.gartner.com/anton-chuvakin/2015/03/03/killed-by-ai-much-a-rise-of-non-deterministic-security/].
Specifically, "because ML" argument is sometimes made not just by the
marketing droid [eh...I guess we can't use the word "droid" anymore,
because...hey...what if that marketing "person" is actually a narrow AI?],
but legitimately due to the algorithms/models pointing at a particular
outcome [like say "this binary is soooo bad"] without any explanation. So,
whether you are in ElJefe/GRR/MIG + free ML library camp or in
super-uber-hyper-expensive EDR product camp, the result is the same: the
system is telling me something and I don't understand why.....

--
Dr. Anton Chuvakin
Site: http://www.chuvakin.org