[Dailydave] The next age of strategic surprise

Dominique Brezinski dominique.brezinski at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:11:31 EDT 2016

Actually, the core vulnerability was disclosed in 1996, and I spoke about
it at Black Hat in 1997:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-97/speakers.html

There have been a bunch of derivations of it as Microsoft and Samba changed
the protocols and implementations slightly. The core vulnerability has a
bunch of variations including reflection, active MITM, credential relaying,
etc. The variations have caused further confusion over the years, in some
cases causing several people to think they discovered something new. See
https://www.veracode.com/blog/2008/11/credit-for-researchers