[Dailydave] The next age of strategic surprise

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:45:36 EDT 2016

Excellent points. Another great example is the DLL hijacking class of
attacks that were "discovered" by HDM in 2010, but were clearly a part of
the NSA offensive playbook even before 1998. The awesome ex-NSA guys at
Synack presented at Cansecwest on dyld vulns and referenced an unclassified
document below. If makes you really wonder how many vulns the NSA has in
their classified tool belts that the public won't "discover" until decades
later...

https://i.imgsafe.org/e987527.png

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Synack/can-secw

I still think it is crazy that everyone "trusts" HTTPS when the NSA surely
has root CAs to intermediate any Internet traffic they like in transit --
except the handful of sites at Google that actually utilize HPKP ;)