[Dailydave] CGC vs Common Sense

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:58:52 EDT 2017

A snippet of a conversation I had today with Bob the Hacker (B):

B: AFL totally fucked that competition from a diversity point of view
D: Well maybe that's a problem? I feel like someone should be asking these
questions.
B: Well, it is a problem
B: The entire CGC sidetracked many of the most productive program analysis
teams in the world and all we learned is that lcamtuf is good at computers
D: Can I quote you on that?
B: One upside is that the violence AFL's performance inflicted on the more
"intelligence" engines will *hopefully* leave an impression on the
academics involved
D: It won't and you know it won't.

-dave