[Dailydave] Improvements

Tracy Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Thu Feb 16 02:47:15 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 08:46:34AM PST, Jordan Wiens spake thusly:
> It sounds like the specific actions and data ingests might be different,
> but the idea of rolling your own automated system hasn't changed a bit in
> ten years. Surprised to not hear more about the approach, but agree
> completely that no one vendor does it, and yet every vendor can easily be a
> part of it.

In the industry that I see there is huge pressure from the c-suite to
buy a pre-packaged product (aka silver bullet) and strong disincentive
to spend time rolling your own custom franken-solution which the
management will have no faith in because one of their own employees
built it instead of a big name which can boast about magic quadrants and
such.

--
Tracy Reed