[Dailydave] Avast!

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 17:37:43 UTC 2019

I love everything about this spin, from the historical players (hi Jaya!)
to the title of "Avast fights off cyber espionage attempt..."

https://blog.avast.com/ccleaner-fights-off-cyberespionage-attempt-abiss

Mostly the reason I would hit up an antivirus or endpoint security firm is
to monitor their efforts to track APTs, mostly to enable my high end false
flag attempts. The CCleaner-style supply-chain attacks are possibly the
least interesting part of the op.

But buried in the spin of that announcement is a strategic shift in the way
large corporations think: Not only do you assume "compromise" but you
assume "compromise and your attackers have domain admin".

-dave