[MART] - Daily Diary #477 - Possible Lapsus$ Members Arrested in London

CTAS-MAT ctas-mat at appgate.com
Thu Mar 24 22:02:56 UTC 2022

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well!

Below is the entry for today.

03/24/2022 - Diary entry #477

Recently in our Daily Diaries #464 and #475 we covered Lapsus$, a cybercrime gang responsible for leaking source codes and sensitive data from Samsung, Nvidia, Okta, and other high-profile targets.

Today, March 24th, London police arrested seven members accused of having connections to Lapsus$. No names have been released, but seven people from ages 16 to 21 were arrested in the act. It's not clear how many people are behind Lapsus$ group, but their posts suggest people from multiple countries are involved, so it's hard to think that all associates were arrested in a single operation.

Lapsus$ Telegram channel, monitored by our team, remains silent since March 22, when the last post claims that a few of their members would be on "vacation" until March 30th. Lapsus$ usually reacts quickly with news. In the last incident, the Okta attack, they replied to Okta's publications on the same day, briefly after it went public. The fact that Lapsus$ channel remains silence could mean that their heads are in fact arrested, and the remaining members will be forced to retire or go dark before law enforcement gets to them, but we need to wait to the beginning of April to see if any other member will manifest in their channels.

Kind Regards,

[https://d3aafpijpsak2t.cloudfront.net/images/Signature/logo@2x.png]<https://www.appgate.com/>

[https://d3aafpijpsak2t.cloudfront.net/images/Signature/likedin@2x.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/appgate-security/>     [https://d3aafpijpsak2t.cloudfront.net/images/Signature/twitter@2x.png] <https://twitter.com/AppgateSecurity>   [https://d3aafpijpsak2t.cloudfront.net/images/Signature/youtube@2x.png] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8GvxcZbm-R3EJNl8jYjiQ>

Felipe Duarte Domingues
Security Researcher
Appgate

E: felipe.duarte at appgate.com<mailto:felipe.duarte at appgate.com>