[Dailydave] Cyber deterrence in action

Dmitri Alperovitch dmitri at crowdstrike.com
Tue Apr 14 00:10:19 EDT 2015

I wanted to share with this group a blog I published earlier today on how we were able to successfully get a Chinese government-affiliated group (at CrowdStrike we call them Hurricane Panda) to cease their multi-year campaigns against two of our customers who are using our Falcon endpoint technology. This is the first time we've ever seen a persistent nation state actor cease a long term high priority campaign and perhaps is a great sign for the future of defense.

Hopefully this is of interest and will spur good discussion about new defense models that focus on significantly raising cost and effort to the adversary to impact their cost/benefit analysis.

http://blog.crowdstrike.com/cyber-deterrence-in-action-a-story-of-one-long-hurricane-panda-campaign/

Best,

Dmitri