[Dailydave] The evolution of Threat Intelligence

Dominique Brezinski dominique.brezinski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:15:54 EDT 2014

I humbly point you at my BH presentation from 2004 on anomaly detection and
granular automated response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTy8z7Wcc0M

>From my perspective Dave is right on. Sadly, not enough of us have been
living the long view and leading our organizations along that path. But
some have.

Detection without response is useless. Response requires reasoning, and
that is what scares many people about automated response. Some degree of
reasoning can be automated, and that is really the next frontier. We have
come a long way from 2004, but this isn't stuff you can buy in a box.

Cheers,
Dom